Armistead Boothe Park is located at 520 Cameron Station Boulevard in West End Alexandria. The park features athletic fields, basketball court, playground, picnic pavilion with grill, restrooms, tennis courts, and walking/biking trails. The park is spread over 10.81 acres. On June 13, 2000, the Alexandria City Council approved the naming of the west end park at the former U.S. Army base at Cameron Station in honor of the late Armistead L. Boothe. A native Alexandrian, Boothe served as a special assistant in the United States Office of the Attorney General from 1934 to 1936 and as City Attorney of Alexandria from 1938 to 1943. He was a strong supporter of public school integration in the 1950s. There are 3 public tennis courts at Armistead Boothe Park. The tennis courts are lighted. The field is large and well maintained. The playground is absolutely top-notch. Everything is clean and well kept at Armistead Boothe Park.