- Check out licensed real estate adviser referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Speak with a few Realtors — There is no one-size-fits-all. I know that Julie Nesbitt is not for every purchaser. The Realtor you choose should be able to clearly understand your needs.
- Your licensed real estate adviser should be someone you won't mind spending some time with. — You don't want to have to explain the same thoughts and ideas over and over. You and your real estate agent might be spending a lot of time together.
- Find out how each licensed real estate adviser identifies properties. — When deciding on a Realtor, ask how they identify homes. Some real estate agents have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s dream for you, not what’s right for your Realtor. So make sure the Realtor is willing to search high and low to find the most suitable place for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Read paperwork carefully. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific residence. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. This advice is heavily used for a reason. It doesn't hurt to have a legal adviser take a look at your representation agreement, but usually that's not necessary. The document is pretty straight forward.
The ideal Realtor does not have be the friend of a friend, and probably isn't a pushy individual. The great real estate pro knows your needs, and knows real estate available in Alexandria. Each purchase transaction has unique hurdles to overcome. Some purchasers are investors. Some home buyers need garage parking. Some buyers love the fact that Nesbitt Realty will rebate them $3,853 when they use me to purchase 5053 Kilburn St. (Others couldn't care less.) Every purchaser is an individual; in the same way, real estate agents have different persistence and levels of patience. Here's what you should pay attention to when locating the dream Realtor for you when you're buying a home like 5053 Kilburn St with 2,247 sqft of living space in the City of Alexandria: