- Check out real estate agent referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Speak with a few real estate pros — You don't have to exhaust yourself interviewing agent after agent, but at least chat with two or three to see who you're most comfortable with. There is no one-size-fits-all. I know that Will Nesbitt is not for every purchaser.
- Don't under estimate the value of likability. — You want a good listener and a Realtor this isn't eager to the point of desperation. You want a agent that “gets you”.
- Ask the real estate agent his/her process for finding interior row/townhouses. — When choosing a Realtor, ask how they search for interior row/townhouses. Some agents have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s right for you, not what’s ideal for your real estate pro. So make sure the real estate professional is willing to search high and low to find the great home for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- The devil is in the details. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific property. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. A representation agreement describes the agent's responsibilities and your obligations when a real estate agent shows you a interior row/townhouse in the City of Alexandria. It's critical that you examine all documents during the home buying process, and that includes your agent's representation agreement.
The best choice of Realtor in Alexandria for you might not have a brand new car, and is not necessarily flamboyant. The best choice of Realtor for you has the patience and tools to address your unique situation, and won't panic when facing an unexpected curve. Here's what you should pay attention to when picking the dream real estate professional for you when you're purchasing a interior row/townhouse with 2 bedrooms in Alexandria: